When I first started leading elementary and preschool environments, I had no problem leading and recruiting elementary volunteers, preschool was a different story. It wasn’t until I came understand what makes preschool ministry so amazing. The biggest game changer in preschool ministry and recruiting people to help in preschool ministry comes when you understand that you may be the first person to introduce a preschool to Christ. It’s a huge honor to serve in preschool ministry. To help shape a child’s first understanding of who Christ and what he did for them is amazing.
Here are 5 actions every preschool teacher needs to take.
1. Smile, love the kids you serve. Let them see in you the fruit of the Holy Spirit that is a result of a Christ-centered life.
2. Make sure the snacks are good. – Two things no preschooler ever needs is stale goldfish and stale faith.
3. Use snack time to drive home truth. Preschoolers don’t move and don’t talk and listen most while they are eating. Use those few moments well.
4. Remind kids – 1. Jesus loves them 2. We love you. 3. We all need God’s help
5. Practice consistency and flexibility they are your two greatest friends when working with small people.