I saw this and knew my son would like it. Slapstick. Pirates. Farting. How could you not like it.
I have taken a bit of time off from the blogging by accident, busyness and stuff.
What have I been doing since November 20th?
1. Importance of family. – I think during the holidays we think about family even more than usual. I know I miss my parents and sisters more than usual. I am going to start a series of blogs on family how families are more important to a church than we realize.
2. www.samluce.com – I have been working on hosting my own blog at samluce.com. Why am i going to do this?
- I want to begin to use my blog even more as a ministry tool for my church and as we are increasingly going more multi-campus this seems to be one of many ways to speak vision and values as well as practical stuff to my teams.
- We are looking at a March completion date for our kids wing remodel – so there will definitely be a focus for me on re-branding all things kids.
- I want more flexibility and tools to implement and files to upload.
3. Reflection – I was thinking the other day and wondering why my best ideas come in my commute and in the shower. In talking to a good friend who is our Youth Pastor and blogger today it confirmed what God has been speaking to me for a couple of months about leaving white space in life. White space is powerful it lets you rest. I think I need more white space for God to speak.
Psalm 46: 10 “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
4. Watched Amazing Grace. What an appropriate movie to watch during thanksgiving. I sat there during it just amazed that people could be so dehumanized by another group of people. This movie was a powerful story of Perseverance and the power of conviction. How one person with enough focus and spirit led conviction can change the world. It was a great movie. loved it.
When it comes to church marketing Lifechurch.tv gets it.
I received about two weeks ago a FREE book from Lifechurch.tv they are promoting Craig’s new book Going all the way. All I have to do is blog about the book. They didn’t tell me what to say. They didn’t say it had to be positive. I love what they are doing here.
There is something about free that gets people talking.
Lifechurch.tv understands marketing.
1. Give away what you can.
2. Keep in mind who you are trying to reach and How to reach them.
3. Perception is reality.
4. You reap what you sow.
Thank you Lifechurch for your contribution to the church as a whole. Thank you for modeling how church and marketing can coexist.
I thought I was done with my posts about volunteers. Then I read a post from Gina McClain’s blog. She had a link to another blog about thank you notes.
I started thinking that one very important ingredient I had neglected in my posts on the recruitment of volunteers is thankfulness. We need to be thankful to those who are serving as well as to God for seeing our need and filling it before we even realize we need it.
Just a few thoughts about writing notes:
- Hand write them.
- Be specific in your thanks.
- Be sincere in what you say.
- Write a thank you note to people when they don’t expect it. Not just when they do something for you. Like right after a big event.
Last but not least thank God often. When we remember what God has done for us and cultivate an attitude of gratitude, we raise the level of faith and decrease the level of cynicism.