After looking online for other options due Google killing it’s still very popular Google reader I settled on Feedly.com.
1. It’s Free – I didn’t want to pay a subscription for my RSS service.
2. It’s Web-based and mobile
3. The workflow is very like Google Reader but with some welcome changes.
4. It’s social media integration is better than google’s
5. Syncs across all devices.
6. Seamlessly imports all your google feeds
Importing your Google Reader account
To import your google reader feeds and categories over to feedly, simply login to your feedly using your google account. Feedly will automatically sync your Google Reader account with feedly.
7. Allows for minimalistic reading (my favorite) or a more visual approach (love the flexibility)
Overall have used feedly for the past week and so far so google who?
In case you missed it last week Google decided to kill google reader. Lots of my readers use google reader as I have for the past 5 years. I see RSS readers as functional so I have never really looked for anything other than google reader. When I heard that Google was killing their RSS reader I started looking for new options for the first time in 5 or 6 years.
If you are going to continue to subscribe to my blog how are you going to do it?
There are two ways to still receive content from my blog.
1. Email subscription.
2. New RSS reader.
Here are the top 5 RSS readers in my opinion –
1. Feedly – Really like this one. like the interface and options to share content.
2. The Old Reader – Probably the closest thing you will find to Google Reader.
3. Newsblur – Another close cousin to Google Reader. Great user interface.
4. Flipboard – very interactive interface iPhone, iPad and Android only.
5. reeder – Mac app, iPhone and iPad versions as well.
Check them out for yourself and consider adding my feed to your new reader Thanks!