Conference season is starting to start-up in earnest. To be effective in any situation you need to have the right tools. I am not the most handy person when it comes to construction and renovation. If I have learned anything over the past 15 years of home ownership it’s the right tools make all the difference.
Honored to be going to David C Cooks Tru Gathering again this year. I will be doing a workshop and will be part of the blogger team there. I so enjoyed my time at The Gathering last year the heart and the vision of the conference is so clear and so compelling.
Met tons of people for the first time last year and am looking forward to re-connecting with those people this year. If you are looking for a spiritually rich, intimate gathering of people obsessed with kids and family ministry I hope you will join me in May.
I was reading The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis to my 7-year-old boy. This is my 4th time through the Narnia books. I find so many profound truths littered through Lewis’ brilliant series. The one that struck me last night was from the end of the book. The kids return from many adventures in Narnia and they went to the Professor to tell him why four coats were missing. He believed them because he too had been to Narnia. The Professor told them something quite profound, he said:
You wont get into Narnia again by that route. Nor would the coats be much use by now if you did! Eh? What’s That? Ye, of course you’ll get back to Narnia again someday. Once a King in Narnia, always a King in Narnia. But don’t go trying to use the same route twice. Indeed, don’t try to get there at all. It’ll happen when you are not looking for it.
One of the things I love about going to conferences is discovering new resources. At CPC last week I was given a few resources I want to draw to your attention.
1. Yancy – Yancy has a new Little Praise Party video out. It’s fantastic.
2. D6 – The folks at DC gave me a couple of books One on keeping your kids safe online and the other about the connection of church and family by Dr. Kimmel
3. David C. Cook – Michelle Anthony gave me her new book. Becoming a Spiritually Healthy Family.
4. Disciplr – A brand new curriculum content delivery system from David C Cook that can be used with any curriculum. Be on the lookout this summer.
5. Jumpstart 3 – A band that does scripture memory songs to modern beats. Got to heart their story from the main stage. Love their passion for scripture.
This past week I was at CPC a conference for Kids Pastors put on by INCM. One of the speakers was Charles Lee found of theideation.com In the breakout I attended he was talking about clarifying your brand. Towards the end of his breakout he said that in our brand management and in our lives we have to ask ourselves two questions.
- What matters most?
- What is enough?