Wow it is really starting to come together!
It is such a surreal thing walking around in halls that are beginning to look like the drawings and the concepts that have been in the works for months. I am blown away by the stuff Jonathan Martin Creative are doing. Bill and his team are a smooth running machine. I respect their artistic talent, but what I appreciate most is their attitude they really care about the local church and seeing life transformation take place in the lives of kids.
Many of the people on the team have spent years in children’s ministry it is great to know that we are all on the same team.
I can not wait for May 4th those kids are going to be blown away! I think the whole Uptown team will be as well.
We had a combo dedication/birthday party for my youngest son Sunday. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. It is always nice to spend time with family and friends celebrating a happy occasion.
I love my family. I love my boys so much. It never ceases to amaze me how two kids can grow up in the exact same environment and be so different. My youngest is so outgoing he smiles at everyone all the time. His laugh is so infectious.
After we had our first son I didn’t think I could love another child as much as I love my oldest. But I think parenting is one of those many things that help us understand God’s nature on a small level. I have found that my love for my kids is not divided by multiplied and spread evenly. If you were to ask me which one is my favorite I could honestly tell you neither. They are so unique I could talk to you for hours about aspects about each of my boys that I love. I think on a small simplistic scale that is how God sees us.
(BTW my lovely, talented wife made the giraffe cake pictured above and her BFF made the rice crispies)
The team from JMC arrived today they are building, unpacking and painting. This is going to happen quick!
It is my blogging birthday. One year can’t believe it.
I am so glad I joined the blogging community when I did. I have learned a lot about myself and from all of you out there.
What I have learned in my first year in blogosphere.
1. If you want lots of hits go negative (I call those blogs “Bla-Bla’s”. My goal has never been to have lots of hits my goal to network with other leaders to learn and grow. To help our kids be transformed into Christ’s image and reach more kids with the power of the gospel.
2. You learn a lot about your self through the discipline of putting your thoughts out there.
3. You make friends you never would any other way.
4. blogosphere is a sounding board for ideas and thought as well as gaining knowledge from the success and failure of others.
5. I have also found blogging to be a great way to communicate with my own leaders. I have experimented with video, and direct posts to certain volunteer groups. I am looking to do much more in the area of training, equipping and vision/mission reinforcement in the coming year.
Huge thanks to all of you who read my blog I really appreciate it. I am excited about the things that God has in store for the church in general this year.
Well last few weeks have been fun, crazy and busy.
The last four weeks we have been getting our church ready for Jonathan Martin Creative. They showed up yesterday and started sketching on our walls. The buildings they are drawing are huge.
Our indoor playground is fully functional and has received my sons seal of approval.
Read 3 new books. Inside The Magic Kingdom, Be our Guest, and The Starbucks Experience. Currently reading Creating ever-cool.
Spent 2 days in Disney.
Took my son to see bible man. You haven’t lived until you have been in a room with 600+ kids under the age of 10 chanting Bi-ble Man. I received a tour of Grace Fellowship Church’s Children’s ministry. So great to see what God is doing in other churches in our region.