David C Cook – Tru “The Gathering” 2014
Session 1 – God Restores
Craig opened up The Gathering by sharing about our God who restores. Craig shared about his family and his life in ministry how he was broken by in his brokenness God restored what mattered most. It’s very easy to pretend but pretending never leads to restoration only further deception.
I am really pumped about attending Children’s Pastor’s Conference this winter. I have never been to a CPC conference before so I am really excited to experience CPC for the first time. I have had many conversations with Michael Chanley the new Executive Director of INCM. He has a tremendous heart for the church and the future of children’s ministry. Chanley is a networker and is passionate about connecting leaders and helping to create places were people can network grow and learn from each other. He is implementing some exciting changes that I think are going to make this years CPC the best one yet.
What are some of those changes.
1. A great mix of Veteran voices like Jim Wideman, Craig Jutila, and Reggie Joiner as well as emerging leaders like Jonathan Cliff, Gina McClain, Matt Mckee, and Justyn Smith.
2. Networking lunches were you can connect with speakers and other leaders
3. Intentional partnership with people like David C Cook, Orange, Standard, and Go Fish.
One of the things that makes CPC unique is that it isn’t run by a publishing company. They won’t be pushing any one curriculum or product but they are able to say here is what’s out there use what fits your church. INCM has a real vision to serve the local church and that excites me I love the local church. I love hearing from and pouring into kids pastors from local churches. Another thing that makes INCM and CPC unique is their passion for equipping leaders in other countries. I don’t think the church in America and especially conference organizations in Kidmin do enough to equip Kidmin leaders across the globe.
I love going to conferences I’ve never been to because I always meet people I never met. I am so looking forward to meeting you. If you are going give me a shout out and let’s do coffee I would love to hear what God is doing in your church.
Here is an invitation from Craig Jutila check it out.
CPC 2011 Promo from Who Will You Empower on Vimeo.
Hey kidmin peeps if any of you are within driving distance of Austin Texas make sure you take advantage of the regional volunteer equipping conference Kenny and his team at Gateway are putting on.
1. It’s crazy afforadble you will be able to bring your whole team for a fraction of the price of a national conference.
2. Craig Jutila is going to be there.
3. Much of the content in the sessions and breakouts will be geared towards volunteer leaders.
4. Kenny is pretty much the pope children’s ministry (seriously, he is)
5. Learn how to do kid’s ministry in a local church setting from people who struggle with similar things as you week in and week out.
6. I’ll be there and looking for you.