- In “big church” for second time in a year. It weird not being in kids church. Plan on being in big church much more this year. #kidmin #
- About to watch slumdog don’t think I’ll make it to the end I am so freaking tired! #
- Great Easter weekend. Very excited for this weekend @michaelFranzese will be at our church http://www.lifesbigequation.com #
- Just listened to @markdriscoll Easter message. Simple, powerful, profound. #
- And the award for worst actress to play the President goes to…….”Cherry Jones” #24 #
- So stinking predictible! #24 #
- Agent moss fell victim to #24 rule 235.67 never take the handcuffs off Jack or tony in transit. #
- Just went on a blogging tear. Love it when it’s easy to write stuff. Only one post left for the week. #
- I am pumped! Just started following lifechurch.tv’s satan @NickJones That guy is just to funny. #
- In a meeting on a conference call with Peter from http://www.plainjoestudios.com/ about rebranding our church. #
- Got our first family icecream. It’s 53 degrees but feels like 80 after a brutal winter. #
- Who cares about #idol Burnett is pitching a no-hitter. Love summer. Love baseball. #
- HongKong build an ark to biblical scale http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123966767906515339.html #
- With NorthPoint moving to a once a month Kidstuff how has that effected what you family service people do? #kidmin #
- Just paid another 7.20 in late fees at the library! #
- Hey #kidmin #orange09 Tweeps The Braves are playing a night game on Friday night May 1st anyone interested in going? #
- Working on June 252basics stuff. Just ordered Elevate Jr. for the first time for our preschool. Big focus on summer stuff. #kidmin #
- Heading home listening to @jimwideman new club podcast about creative ideas. #kidmin #
- RT @kennyconley: Recording a podcast of CM Edge with @henryjz @samluce @prince4jc //// Ditto #
- #FollowFriday @kennyconley @cewoo @jonathancliff @jimwideman @funnymandan @r_frank #
- #FollowFriday @prince4jc @kidzmatter2me @jabberfrog @michaelchanley @tmckeever @henryjz @jonathancliff #
- #FollowFriday @danscott77 @pierredup @mpayne76 @langer123 @KLynn7 @BetsyWr #
- #FollowFriday @stickystreet @JoePuentes @kidinspiration @mattmckee @tonymorganlive @gregbaird @mikeshipman @mikeservello @_Lowedown #
- My son just said “Jesus lives in his heart…but what about the deciples. Are they in there to?” #
Why I love Andy Stanley.
1. Because the Stuffchristianslike guy goes to his church
2. I have never heard a message that didn’t challenge me to grow as a Christians
3. He has a absolute passion for Kids ministry (Love his kidmin recruitment talks)
4. He Hired LosWit (or at least hired someone who hired him)
5. Creates environments where stuff like this can take place (watch video below)
I know that I am not the sign guru that my friend Matt is. But I am passionate about our mission, and our kids mission statement is as follows “We exist to create lifechanging environments for kids.”
One of the things that irritates me in children’s ministry is we allow what works to rob us of what’s possible.
I had to make a sign that functioned to inform parents and guests that our Uptown experience would be different due to our kids doing a performance in the sanctuary. To often we settle for high focus on information low on inspiration. When we redid our kids wing I decided to never do things that took away from the experience. Crappy signs may work to give out information but do not inspire greatness.
In his book Outliers Malcolm Gladwell describes how no one becomes a genius overnight. You become a specialist once you have put in 10,000 hours. Susan Boyle is a fantastic illustration of this theory. She is single, 47 and has been singing for 35 years.
Are you doing what you love? Are you doing what you can do to prepare for what God has for you? Give your life to something you love stick with it even when your detractors jeer, stick with it see what no one else sees and you will one day be a genius overnight (10,000 hours later.)
Well it’s official I am two years old today. I started blogging two years ago. I can’t believe time flies.
This blog for me has been an answer to a prayer I prayed 12 years ago that God would help me find some children’s pastors who believed in doing kids church the same crazy way God was challenging be to do it. I am so grateful everyone I have met in the past two years I have learned so much from each of you. Each of you have been an answer to prayer in ways you don’t even realize. I am so excited for those of you I have yet to meet and I am looking forward to the amazing journey God is taking us on together.