My friends over at Hillsong are about to release the newest installment of their curriculum. They do a phenomenal job, excellent content we use their stuff every summer. Be on the lookout it’s hitting digital shelves in August.
Here’s what we know so far –
- It’s a 9 week curriculum
- It includes elementary/primary and preschool/toddlers (first time)
- It’s all about Faith, Hope and Love
- It will be physical (DVD) and digital (download)
- Large group/small group (same format as previous curric.)
- Over 7 hours of media content! (this kinda blew my mind when we added it up!)
- New website
Here’s what may be announced (wink, wink) –
- Maybe there will be new worship music from Hillsong Kids?
- Possible there will be a song to celebrate birthdays in your ministry?
- I have heard that there may even be animated characters?
But seriously I am very happy with this new series and know that you will love it!
A while back I did a post about a church I would attend even if I didn’t work for that church. The first church I mentioned was the church I work at Redeemer Church.
The next church on my list is Hillsong. I love Hillsong church
Why I would attend Hillsong.
1. They are inovative. – It started with modernizing worship music, moved to creating a youth movement, then came children’s ministry, next I believe will be media. They do an amazing job of engaging culture in a relevant way. They use the tools of the generation to tell a timeless story of redemption. That is something Charles Finny advocated in his lectures on revival and something I would give my life to be a part of.
2. They are passionate about reaching people far from God. – Every church says that this what they are about because we are commanded by Christ himself to GO not every church lives it.
3. They Honour the past but are more loyal to the future. – I have heard Pastor Brian say this a few time. I love it. In order to keep moving on and keep taking ground you have to…well…keep moving. It is so easy to get stuck in what works or what we used to do that we stop growing and stop reaching out and become satisfied.
4. Every person I have met from Hillsong has made me want to know Christ more. – I don’t know a lot of Hillsonger’s but the one’s I do know are amazing. I am sure some of you out there know someone from Hillsong who is the opposite of amazing but the truth is we all have people in our church who may not be completely representative of who we are, yet. I have formed a freiendship with Funny Man Dan and have had a few interactions with David Wakerley and Nathan Mclean all three men I respect more than they know. Nath actually took time out of his busy schedule to take my pastor around when he was in Hills recently. Thanks Mate! I have had Funny Man Dan call me out a few times when I wasn’t thinking or speaking in a way that reflected Christ (now that’s a friend), he is also currently reading through the bible with me and Kenny. How cool is that? If Hillsong has any more men and women like these fella’s (and I suspect they do) I would attend a church like theirs in a heartbeat.
What about you? Why what church would you attend and why?