I recently attended a VBS put on by another church in our area. Our church doesn’t do VBS but I like taking my boys if I can. As I was sitting in the back observing the thought came to me
“Why don’t churches treat each weekend like it was VBS?”
What if we:
1. Advertised – Every good VBS spends time and energy to get the word out about what your programing is and who is welcome. There are flyers, word of mouth, Web addresses. What would happen if we did this for the weekend?
2. Mobilized Volunteers – I noticed some volunteers at this VBS that seemed fresh. Most kids pastors put a huge push for VBS volunteers. What if people served on the weekend who are outside of who we would normally ask because we made a push.
3. Have a Team for followup
4. Have interactive Large Group
5. Have interactive small Group
6. Move the kids from station to station.
7. Have all the workers wear Tee Shirts that Identify them as staff.
How can we get churches to see the value of doing these things every weekend and not just one week during the summer?