I think we have all heard the conventional wisdom. Never talk about politics or religion at a dinner party. Well I laugh in the face of conventional wisdom. I thought in-light of the coming election and the fact Debate round two is tonight I would touch on politics and religion this week.
I would like to first state this disclaimer. I am a registered Independent. I have voted for people from all different political parties. I believe God is neither a Republican or a Democrat He is on his own side. I believe that both parties at times get on God’s side of the street and at other times are no where to be found.
Here is my 10 Commandments of every voter
1. INFORM THY SELF!
2. Thou Shalt not endorse a candidate at church.
3. Thou Shalt wait for each candidate to make a Gaff and enjoy it.
4. Remember the day to vote and keep it holy.
5. Trust not thy Politicians trust thy God.
6. Thou shalt keep thy political discourse holy
7. Thy saviour came not for political revolution but a revolution of the heart
8. WWJVF (Who would Jesus Vote For)
9. Encourage thy neighbor to vote
10. Give thanks to the Lord you live in a country where you can vote and worship freely.