Engaging Preschoolers in Worship
Presenter : Yancy Richmond
Big Idea –
Preschool worship needs to be Fun, Energetic and Engaging.
Key Thoughts –
Ways to make preschool worship engaging
1. Be prepared (Above all else Be Prepared) They will eat you alive if you are not prepared.
2. Evaluate Consistently – “Grate teachers know when kids get it. If the kids are not getting it, they find a new way of connecting with kids.”
3. Speak Clearly
4. Be Bold “If you act wimpy kids will think you are wimpy”
5. Be Exciting
6. Be Consistent
7. Don’t hide behind the mic
8. Make eye contact
9. Give vocal instructions
10 Teach them to worship
1 God, brilliant Lord, yours is a household name.
2 Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you;
toddlers shout the songs
That drown out enemy talk,
and silence atheist babble.
Quote of the break out – Yancy “Sometimes I feel like an aerobic instructor”
Questions I need to ask myself –
– If I am not happy with the level of kids worship we have why not start younger.
– If Disney spends millions to learn what preschoolers like as far as music goes. Why don’t I leverage they do to further the kingdom.
– Our kids become consumers of culture younger and younger what can we do to guide our kids through those choices.
– I need to start looking for many small group leaders now.
– Why do I think preschool worship has to resemble adult worship?
2 comments On Preschool Worship: The Gateway Drug.
Do you lead Preschool worship?
I have once it was rough.