Here is a Post I did a while back that ties into my post from yesterday.
The 10 Commandments of online safety for kids.
- Thou shalt put the computer in a very public place
- Remember thy password and keep it holy
- Know thy children’s friends, buddies
- Remember thy monitoring software and keep it active
- Thou Shalt not allow thy children to post any graven images (photos) without thy permission
- Thou shalt not allow any contact information to ever be given out
- Thou shalt forbid any meeting in person with online buddies
- Remember to check thy child’s history
- Though shalt create a separate log in for each child (on a mac, on those other computers)
- Thou shalt not close your eyes and hope for the best