One of the biggest mistakes I made when I was just starting out was trying to do to much myself. I have learned that if you want to build something that lasts and if you want to last you MUST build a team.
Here are the basics in my mind of building a team:
- Identify those who already have a dog in the fight.
- Connect with those people, listen to them
- Start speaking vision
- Out of those people start spending time with those most loyal to you
- In building a team look for places you can solve problems fast. It will give you the capital you need to take on the bigger problems
- Speak Vision some more
- Start handing off responsibility and authority to those most loyal to you and the vision.
- Inspect and coach those who you lead
- Pray early and often
(Rinse and Repeat)