I have been blessed to be able to visit many churches that are doing amazing things for the kingdom. There is just something about being in the place God has called you. I have had the privilege of being the kids pastor at my church for 12 years this July, I however want to by no means paint an unrealistic view of our church. I know we are not the only great church (I just came back from North Point, for the love of Pete) out there. I am just saying why I love, and am blessed to be a part of such a great church.
1. Our Lead pastors are passionate about reaching people who are far from God.
2. My Senior Pastor totally gets the importance of Kids ministry.
3. The Pastoral staff not only likes each other but has a good enough relationship that we can ruthlessly mock each other in love.
4. Despite being doing anything short of sin to reach people our church still values the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit
5. If I didn’t work at my church I would still attend it (unless I lived in say Atlanta Ga)
6. My pastor is not a Micro-manager
7. My pastor is hands down the most secure church leader I have ever met.
8. The people in our church are some of the most amazing people you will meet (many are Italian, and yes they are all very good cooks)
9. Our church is one of the most generous churches I know.
10. When it all comes down to it I know that I can trust each staff member implicitly.
How about you? Why do you love your church? Would you go to your church if you had a choice to go elsewhere?