I have been blessed to be able to visit many churches that are doing amazing things for the kingdom. There is just something about being in the place God has called you. I have had the privilege of being the kids pastor at my church for 12 years this July, I however want to by no means paint an unrealistic view of our church. I know we are not the only great church (I just came back from North Point, for the love of Pete) out there. I am just saying why I love, and am blessed to be a part of such a great church.
1. Our Lead pastors are passionate about reaching people who are far from God.
2. My Senior Pastor totally gets the importance of Kids ministry.
3. The Pastoral staff not only likes each other but has a good enough relationship that we can ruthlessly mock each other in love.
4. Despite being doing anything short of sin to reach people our church still values the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit
5. If I didn’t work at my church I would still attend it (unless I lived in say Atlanta Ga)
6. My pastor is not a Micro-manager
7. My pastor is hands down the most secure church leader I have ever met.
8. The people in our church are some of the most amazing people you will meet (many are Italian, and yes they are all very good cooks)
9. Our church is one of the most generous churches I know.
10. When it all comes down to it I know that I can trust each staff member implicitly.
How about you? Why do you love your church? Would you go to your church if you had a choice to go elsewhere?
2 comments On Why I love my church.
I have to say that I love my church too!!! Nothing like being “in the place God has called you”. And I believe God has called my husband and I to Flamingo ROAD CHURCH in South Florida.
I love my church because:
1. God has given us an amazing leader- our lead pastor- Troy Gramling. His passion for the lost is incredible. His passion to get us “already Christ Followers” out of our comfort “lazy boy” seat to see the lost world around us- well leaves me speechless and grateful.
2. We do things with purpose and big 😉 similar to your #4
3. The staff paid & non paid are simply amazing. I have not felt so loved and couldn’t believe there were still christians that could really be so real and nice. I love them!!!
4. I see my husband lead. It’s what he loves; what he’s been called to do. I love seeing him surrounded by great men and leaders.
5. That we are always learning and growing
6. I stand and believe in our purpose to “partner with people to reach their God potential.”
7. I stand and believe in the vision of: 50 campuses, 100,000 people, 150,000,000 budget… i know, it’s Big.. We serve a Big, Great, Creative God 🙂
And there are more reasons… but i’ll stop here because it’s getting long : 0
thanks for sharing
Did you start when you turned 13?
Keep up the good work my friend.