I am not a huge reviewer but I have gotten a few tweets/requests asking about the Big curriculium. So I thought I would give you a quick run down now that I have had a few days to dig in.
What I love!
1. Production quality is excellent.
2. Love the value reinforcement of Worship, Prayer and The Word.
3. Love the indepth, adaptible small group stuff.
4. Love the topics they cover. They do an excellent lesson on communion like I have never seen in a kids curriculum. We are going to time that lesson with easter this year.
5. Love the fact that they custumize all elements to fit your individual needs.
6. Love they give you the skellaton of the Bible story to add the meat and presentation to that fits your kiddos.
What could make it better.
1. Small group and Bible story in optional Word format for even further custimization. Also offer it in PDF to get the cool look that they offer.
2. Perhaps .mp4 versions of all video elements so that they can be shown through propresentor instead of DVD player
3. One thing that Elevate does that I love is they give a video example for every small group element. If Hills added this that would be huge.
4. More stuff to connect with the parents. I think this is one area that most Curriculum falls short. All of them do a hand out but that rarely makes it home. A creative way to engage parents and kids would be huge.
Overall love it. I really love the theme of evangelism. I think kids need to understand the basic elements of thier faith and then have practicle ways to share it. Can’t wait till we start doing it. Dave, Julia and their team hit it out of the park again. I love Hillsong’s passion for the greater church. I love how they think beyond their beautiful corner of the world. Cheers Hillsong! You guys rock.