I believe that commonality of vision is one on the most important things Youth Pastors and Children’s Pastors must share.
Because you have commonality does not mean you have to be a carbon copy. You don’t have to do everything the Youth Pastor does in kid format. But it does mean sharing with each other the values that will define what a disciple looks like.
Sit down with you Youth Pastor and ask these questions.
1. What am I doing to hinder your success?
2. What am I doing that is helping you?
3. What are the 3 things you want every kid to know to be prepared for Youth group/church.
4. How can we help kids make the transition from kids ministry to youth ministry.
5. What resources can we share to make both of our ministries more effective.
6. Are we providing opportunities for face time in each ministry. (When I say face time I don’t mean you have to speak at each others service but are you physically supporting each other.)