The first book I read on vacation was how full is your bucket. It was a very simple book based on a very simple but powerful principle.
The more you fill the bucket of those around you the more your bucket is filled.
What I took away?
1. My praise of others needs to be more spacific and more personal.
2. I need to actually use the thank you cards in my desk
3. I need to stop assuming that people know how I feel and tell them.
4. We reproduce who we are. I want to be surrounded by people who see the best in me despite my failings so I learned I need to fill the buckets of others.
5. I very often do this more in my head. I think wow so-and-so when above and beyond. It doesn’t help anyone if I don’t verbalize it in a specific personal way.
To sum it all up it was a very good book. I like how easy it was to read how well he illistrated his points and you left with a specific plan of what you can do this week to implement what you learned. This book had a huge application up side. Many books are theory some are practical but the really good ones, the ones that make a difference are applicable.