One of the more moving things for me is going to funerals. Hearing everyone say such nice things about someone is important but It does little for the dead guy. I think it’s a good idea to tell people how much they mean to you when they are still around to hear it. So with it being Jim Wideman’s birthday today let me tell you a few things I appreciate about Brother Jim:
1. He loves Jesus – His life is driven by that passion first. All the other loves in his lives find their place behind Jesus.
2. He raised a great family – Not an easy task but when you can be in the ministry for 30+ years and your wife still respects you and both your kids are passionate about Jesus. There is nothing greater
3. He taught me to practice thankfulness. There are many things I have learned from brother Jim but practicing thankfulness is something I do each day.
4. He loves the church more than his ministry. So many people out there use the church to build their ministry. Jim’s ministry is about building the church that is rare and beautiful.
5. He doesn’t believe his own bio. – He is humble and cares more about people than he does about extending his legacy.
6. He believes in me more than I believe in myself and everyone needs someone who does that.
I am so grateful beyond words to the whole Wideman family. Each of you have impacted my life in a different way. Y’all are a massive blessing to the Luce’s and countless others. Thank you and Happy Birthday Brother Jim and Roll Tide.
Make sure you stop by his facebook, blog or tweet him happy birthday if Brother Jim has impacted your life in any way let him know.
I went CPC last year for the first time it was amazing the conversations that where had the quality of the teaching that was available in each breakout and main session. Most people I talked to said there was “something different” about CPC. Michael Chanley and his team have done an amazing job to create value all year round focused on the five values INCM refers to as initives.
Here they are:
- Impart God’s truth to this generation
- Provide a safe and relevant environment
- Communicate with families
- Network with a community of leaders
- Pray for the international children’s ministry community
When a conference is built around simple values it rather than just getting people to attend it creates sustainable value to you and your team all year long.
If you want to connect with me I’ll be at the Orlando location, doing two breakouts.
How to Communicate to Kids – Creative Teaching
How to communicate to kids from large groups, small groups to one on one. Practical ways to hold their attention and bring application.
Volunteers want to know WHY – Volunteers
Talk about the why behind the what of ministry. How volunteers want to know why we need them and why they need us. How our why must be found in the correct who.
Bottom line CPC is a great conference that has been around for over 30 years and is only getting better. If you have never come to CPC come this year. If it’s been a while come see what so different. Hope to see you there.
If you haven’t registered make sure you do it NOW and you will be registered to win a ton of prizes like Kindle Fires, Nexus 7, and free airfare and lodging to CPC. So do it now get registered.