Many of you may have come with questions
What do I need to do to get more volunteers?
What are some sure fire tried and true methods for keeping volunteers for the long term
How do I get volunteers to come to my training meetings
We all start in the wrong place sunday comes every week so we need to get things done so we are consumed by what and how that we neglect the most important question that is found deep within the minds of our volunteers. Why?
“People don’t by what you do they buy why you do it” Simon Sinek”
Most people start with what how then why amazing companies start with why then how than what.
Why are you doing what you are doing?
If you can’t answer that for yourself you won’t be able to communicate that to your team.
Why do you need Volunteers?
- To release gifts
- To grow the church
- To Trust Christ more than yourself.
Why they need you?
- We need to not just grow our volunteers wide we must grow them deep.
- To grow them spiritually
- To pour into them relationally
- To thank them incessantly
When you go home this week -
How to focus on the why.
1. Be a better story finder and story teller -
2. Repeat the good – fix the bad (bad stories are funnier and travel faster but they KILL the why)
3. Say it, write it, chant it mime it
4. Pray and seek God for your why moment – don’t make up a why
5. Talk to your pastor find out his why.
6. The why should evoke emotions, in you and in them – we avoid emotionalism but we need emotions because emotions are the containers that hold truth in a way that it can accessed in the future.
*VIDEO – “The best Job is the hardest job” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NScs_qX2Okk
Whatever your why is. It MUST be found in the WHO and the who is Christ. Whatever you do never forget to bring what you do back to Jesus because if you leave this conference thinking you are going to try harder to be a better leader you will fail. Whatever your why is it will not be accomplished by you trying harder but by you trusting deeper.