I am a big mac fan. I have used Things because it was the best productivity software program I’ve found for my Mac to date.
Here is why I no longer use Things:
1. Doesn’t sync to a cloud. You have to manually sync via wifi. Frustrating
2. Price 50bucks for the desktop app. 14 bucks for the iphone app and 20 bucks for ipad app
3. There is no collaboration feature. You can’t send or receive to do’s from other members of your team.
4. No way to use things on a PC
So you are asking what do I use now? Producteev.com Why do I like producteev more than things?
1. It’s a web-based so it works on a mac or a pc
2. It syncs to a cloud no matter where you add the task it updates everywhere (They offer desktop app, iphone app and are working on a iPad app)
3. It allows you to assign task to other team members.
4. It’s free
5. It integrates with gmail and ical
6. You can add tasks via email or Instant message.
I have used Producteev for over three weeks now. I love it. You need to try it.