Well last week was a bit crazy lots going on and I totally missed my Blogging birthday back on April 14th. So I am wishing myself a happy belated birthday. Fun fact about samluce.com is that my blog is 2 weeks younger than my good friend Kenny’s Blog back four years ago the only people that read my blog were Kenny and my mom. I am pretty sure that 4 years being 28 in dog years would be 78 in blog years so Kenny and I are lifelong friends who have know each other 4 years.
I love celebrating my blogging birthday because it helps me take stock and look at the past year of blog posts and see what I have learned and decide if I should continue another year.
Here are some of the highlights for me from the past year.
1. Creating a free Easter curriculum with Gina, Dan, and Jonathan who I met through my blog. It was amazing to see God use each of our talents to bless our individual churches and the #kidmin Community. Here is a link to the post about it.
2. Helping a friend and fellow blogger win Tony’s final four
3. Meeting some other really great people I would have never met any other way.
4. Loved connecting with so many of you at Orange 2010 It was a total blast!
What am I most excited about for this year?
1. Working on a Gospel Centered Christmas Curriculum for 2011 and a special summer curriculum in 2012. With the talented people on board it is going to be a huge blessing for our churches and for the kidmin community
2. Connecting with more of you at Orange, Group’s Kidmin and at Napkin.
3. Blogging about some of the stuff I am passionate about.
4. Building the local church anyway I can.
5. Meeting Andy Stanley (Hey this is my birthday blog I can make a wish before I blow out the candles can’t I)
Well 4 years 975 posts 3417 comments and countless many friends later. I am blessed, and humbled that any of you out there read my blog and am grateful when you chime in. I have grown and learned so much from each of you. If I would have known the huge blessing this blog would be to me 4 years ago I would have started blogging 14 years ago.
You guys are the best!