If you are new to twitter or are just getting started here are a few basic rules of etiquette that I learned the hard way.
1. If you someone Retweets one of your tweets, thank them. The new way twitter does RT’s makes it more difficult to know when you have been RTed, but do you best to find out and be thankful.
2. If you quote someone give them credit
3. Be yourself. You will never be as funny as @Jonacuff stop trying so hard.
4. If you can’t say it in real life don’t say it on twitter. Once you post it you can never take it back. We have all used the toothpaste illustration have we not?
5. Double check your direct messages. Nothing more embarrassing than a public reply that is supposed to be private.
6. Please don’t post the same post from multiple accounts. Think through why you have more than one account. If you are using your multiple accounts correctly very few people should know you have more than one account.
7. Give more than you take