Another common thread with the show undercover Boss I want to discuss is how the bigger you get the more intentional you have to be about staying small. I know this sounds paradoxical but thinking big requires you to break down your processes to the simplest form.
In undercover boss often the CEO being featured has lost touch with the day to day processes. In rightly thinking big they have wrongly forgotten how to keep things small. If you want to grow your ministry, church, business you have to think what will be forced to do when we are large and start doing that.
Here is where it gets tricky. We tend to do well thinking large but not so well at keeping that small feeling in a large setting. To be successful in children’s ministry you have to focus on reaching people far from God at the same time think how can we truly contain what God is doing in our church
Here are some things that I wrestling through to help us stay small as we grow.
1. Small group leaders who really know the kids in their group on a personal level.
2. Working on remembering people’s name
3. Making sure I delegate authority and responsibility.
4. Creating community around serving teams and life stages.
5. Think through everything we say and do with the mindset of a first time guest.