Improving you first look environment.
About the Presenter – Kendra Fleming is one of my favorite kids pastors.
1. I love Northpoint church
2. I have been blown away by her willingness to help out other kids pastors.
3. Love her blog – I always say it is one of my favorites. I love how her blog is written from in the trenches and offers practical help that is scalable. You can use it.
Why I picked this. – We just started to use My First Look at our church and I am looking for practical suggestions on how to make our small groups better.
Here are a couple things that stood out to me.
- Have consistency.
- Introduce your kids to their small group leaders –
- 8-10 small group kids in preschool is a great small group number.
Large group –
- Teach one thing at a time.
- You need to repeat repeat – They like knowing the answer –
- Get your story tellers to stick to a script.
- Internalized the content.
- Don’t just tell people what to do tell them why
- when people don’t get here on time – your kids have to wait – always explain things in the context of vision.
- Cast vision for why talk about How.
- Training should be inspirational and practical – don’t give them 15 things to do give them 1 or 2 things.
- Feedback on consistent basis – if it’s random it feels random. –
- Make a video of standard motions to songs. You can even use your computers webcam to do this.
- Pick one thing to do when you go home – DO ONE THING once you have one thing down do the next thing.