Everyone is famous for something. Colonel Sanders for chicken, Napoleon for his bow-staff skills. What do you want to be famous for?
I have been having this thought rolling around in my head for some time now. The reality is that everyone of us are going to be famous for something. You may be thinking I am not famous for anything but I guarantee you that if I were to ask your circle of friends they would be able to tell me what you are famous for. The question I have been asking myself is “am I intentional about what I want to be famous for?”
How to intentionally work on what you want to be famous for.
1. Focus on your strengths – manage your weakness
2. Do a few things with excellence – rather than many things well
3. Start with priorities – When all is said and done what things are eternal – focus on those things.
4. Matthew 20:16 tells us the first shall be last. You want to be famous do what Jesus did pour your life into others.
5. Put your time in. Become and expert. Use your expertise to help others. That is recipe for fame.
If you want fame to become powerful or rich your fame will be short lived and will leave you unfulfilled. If you become famous for pointing out the greatness in others and ultimately pointing them to Christ, you will have a fame money can’t buy.