If you live anywhere near Birmingham Alabama you need to bring your whole team to Illuminate. Why?
1. You will get a national level conference experience with the content geared toward your volunteers
2. For the price it will cost your church to send 2 people to a national conference you can bring your whole team.
3. Jim Wideman will be there and will be bringing his 30+ years of experience at raising, encouraging and releasing volunteers.
4. You will be able to ask questions and personally connect with kidmin leaders who have a ton of experience
5. You can network with other kidmin leaders in your area.
6. It takes place all day on Saturday August 27th so your volunteers can attend.
7. I want to meet you.
There are a lot of conferences out there but I don’t know of any focused primarily on empowering volunteers. Everything about Illuminate screams the value of team and the local church and I love it. From the affordable pricing to ministry leaders who will be speaking to your volunteers not as “experts” but as in the trenches ministry leaders who are passionate about building the local church.
Roll Tide and War Eagle alike I hope you make the trip to Birmingham. REGISTER NOW>
Here are links for more info
We’re giving this away to one lucky commenter, but read on!
Okay…so I love the guys at ONLY144.com
. They are working their fingers to the bone trying to bless the socks off smaller churches with limited budgets. They’re a mix between GROUPON and WOOT, only for churches. I wanted to promo this because these types of super-bundles only happen once in a blue moon, and it’s a great way to save big bucks for your church. They help support the work we do here, so we want to support them. The next sale starts on August 12, so you’ll probably want to mark your calendar because…well, check out the bottom of the list.
Yancy Worship Videos ($60)
High-Voltage Kids Resources ($40)
Timbuktoons Animated Videos ($120)
VBS Curriculum ($99)
River’s Edge Elementary and Preschool Curriculum ($95)
Gameshow ScoreKeep from Digital Stache ($25)
Orange Conference Registration Coupon ($100 off)
Children’s Pastors Conference Coupon (14.4% off)
Jim Wideman Leadership Materials ($20)
Kidz Graphics ($50)
Name It PowerPoint Games ($34.95)
President Bush Volunteer Appreciation Videos ($34.95)
Children’s Administrative Forms ($19)
Volunteer Training Audio ($198)
Kidzmatter Coupon ($50)
The first 100 who order will receive the book THINK ORANGE by Reggie Joiner.
ALL FOR ONLY $97!
Check out www.only144.com
for all the info. It only lasts 144 hours, so don’t miss it.
WIN IT HERE, FIRST! LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT THE ONE THING YOU ARE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR IN CHILDREN’S MINISTRY AND I WILL PICK ONE PERSON AT RANDOM AT NOON ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10 AT 3PM TO WIN IT FOR FREE!
I can’t fully express how proud I am of a couple of kids from our church who on their own decided to do a lemonade stand to raise money to send to some missionaries in Somalia.
They ended up raising over 225.00 bucks enough money to feed 220 people for one day. I am grateful to be part of a church where parents expose their kids to needs outside the world they live in. We try so hard to keep our kids safe that we never allow them to see needs and because they never see needs they never get to experience the joy of meeting the needs of others and living beyond themselves.
Anna and Niko you are both champions. You are blessed to be part of a family and a church that lives generously.
If you have read my blog for any amount of time you would know that I am a huge fan of Andy Stanley.
He started a new series on his greatest hits podcast called “It Came from within” In the first message of this series he talks about how we are trained to change our behavior and to filter our speech but never to watch our heart. Solomon the wisest man who ever lived exhorted us to “Above all things, guard your heart for out of it flows the issues of life.”
He ended his talk with some practical questions he asks his kids. They are powerful and need to be asked by parents to their kids but need to be answered by parents first. I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me on a couple of them hopefully he does the same for you.
Here are Andy’s questions.
1. Is everything ok in your heart.
2. Are you mad at anyone?
3. Are you waiting around for someone to come to you to make things right?
4. Have you had any extended imaginary conversations with anyone lately?”
5. Do things come out of your mouth on a regular basis that you have to apologize for?
6. Have you secretly celebrated someones failure?
7. Anything going on you hope no one discovers?
8. Is there a question you hope no one ever asks you?
9. Have you lied recently to someone you love?