Galatians – Book of Freedom
Key Point – We are free to love Jesus
Memory Verse – Galatians 5:1 “We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong.”
Bible Story – Peter is freed from prison by an Angel of the Lord – (Acts 12)
True freedom comes from
Peter truly loved Jesus he told others about Him even when it got him in trouble. He even went to jail because he was telling others about Jesus. Because Jesus died for our sins we are free to tell others about how much He loves us and we love Him. The more we obey Jesus the more free we are. The less we obey Jesus the less free we are. When we love Jesus and obey Him we will always walk in freedom, because Jesus will take care of us. Peter went to Jail for telling others about Jesus, but Jesus took care of him and sent and Angel of the Lord to free him from Jail.
When I first got my iPhone and iPad one of the more frustrating things for me was the fact my kids would roam all over it changing stuff. Well that and the fact they would use it while eating Cheetos. I have yet to solve the Cheetos issue. I did however, discover that apple come out with a very easy very brilliant way to keep kids at home or at school locked into only the app you want them in.
How to kid proof you iPad in a few basic steps
1. Go to your settings icon > press the general tab >then press the accessibility tab
2. Once in the accessibility tab select > select guided access
What books I am reading right now
Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull
Show Them Jesus by Jack Klumpenhower
What blogs I am reading right now
Your Brain on Stories – Great post on the power of story and how it affects you. Thanks for the find @jonathancliff
If you develop tension in the story you will sustain attention.
If you sustain attention then it is more likely that the people
hearing the story will start to share the emotions of the main
characters in the story.
If people share the emotions of the main characters then they are
likely to mimic the feelings and behaviors of the characters when the
story is over.
Listening to a character story like this can cause oxytocin to be released.
And if oxytocin is released then it is more likely that people will
trust the situation and the storyteller and more likely that they will
take whatever action the storyteller asks them to take.
Grace and Race – Tim Keller nails it again such a great very short post on race.
“Thus Christians have a special test for racism. If racial differences are more important to you than differences in belief, you are acting as a racist.”
How To Raise An Adult – @mattPerman tweeted out this book link – looks promising
In How to Raise an Adult, she draws on research, conversations
with educators and employers, and her own insights as a mother and
student dean to highlight the ways in which over-parenting harms
children and their stressed-out parents.
No, Tablets Aren’t Necessarily Rotting Kids’ Brains – Interesting take on the debate over screen time by the people at Lifehacker.
Orange conference is very nostalgic for me. It’s the place where I first met up with the people who have become some of my closest friends. It was the first really large conference I ever attended. 6 years ago and it feels like yesterday. I ended up going 3 years in a row as a blogger and haven’t been able to attend the last three years due to conflicts in my schedule.
I thought I would take a bit of a different take with this post and tell you the unique aspects I miss most about Orange after a three-year absence.
- The tribe – Each conference has their own Eco system of regular attenders. I will attend most of the other National conferences this year defiantly miss my friends at Orange.
- Reggie’s Keynote – Orange has some of the best and the brightest out there. For me every year I personally enjoyed Reggie’s keynote most. Reggie is a thinker and strategist. Every chance I get to talk to Reggie I am challenged.
- The show – The production value of everything that takes place at Orange conference is second to none. It is big, exciting and fun.
- Family ministry from the church side of things – In my experience every conference out there has something they do really well. I think the thing that Orange Conference does better than anyone is talk about family ministry from the church side of things. This isn’t all they do but in my mind it’s what they do best.
I have been saying this the past 3 years but next year I really hope I can come back to Orange. I miss my friends.
Enter below for a chance to win a free registration to Orange conference.