[Here is a post I did a while back that discribes where our church is coming from when it comes to the “orange philosophy”]
Going green has been all the rage the past few years. But there has been a colorless revolution that has been stirring in the hearts of Pastors and leaders worldwide. It now has a color and that color is Orange.
When I started in kids ministry 11 years ago I stumbled upon this principle with my best friend who was then the Youth pastor. We have been Orange for 11 years and it is amazing. We didn’t have a cool color for it we called it the “pipeline principle” which we basically describe as the seamless transition of vision, values from birth to collage.
What does orange look like in our church practically.
1. I am friends with both people who have been our youth pastors
2. We are building a church not individual ministries
3. The Youth Ministry and Kids Ministry share the 6th and 7th graders so they can transition at pace that is determined by each kid and their parents and not dictated by our programs.
4. I as the kids pastor go to Youth Camp and the Youth Pastor goes to my kids camp.
5. The teens that help in our 5th – 7th grade ministry are the Jr. High small group leaders for our Youth Ministry
These are just a few examples of a philosophy that runs very deep and through which we have seen God do amazing things.
We have seen Orange at work in our church for years it works. If you haven’t made the switch to Orange do it.
If you want to know more about Orange come to the Orange conference and experience it. If you can’t do that then contact me and I will try and point you in the right direction. Whatever you do, Go Orange Now the future of the church depends on it.
Here are a few posts I did a while back about the Orange Principle and how it relates to our church.