GENERAL SESSION #1
Collide – Make a deliberate contact for the sake of a lasting impact
When I collide with God it changes the way I see the world
When I collide with the world it changes the way I see God.
23% of kids live with their biological parents 75% of the kids we minister two are not the “perfect” family.
As you collide with the people around you it awaken’s you to what church should be like.
Mark Batterson –
- We can stop doing ministry out of imagination and start doing ministry out of memory
- Stop creating the future and start repeating the past.
- There are ways of doing church that no one has thought of yet if we keep trying to meet new challenges with tired old methods we will eventually fade into oblivion.
- Everything is an experiment. – If you fail it’s a win because you found one more way not to do something.
- If you want to think new thoughts read new books, meet new people do new things. Colliding with new people changes your biases
- leadership – disrupt the routine
- Your inability to believe is hindered by your imagination. – Tolken to CS Lewis.
- Our lack of wonder is really a lack of love.