Ok so I am thinking very orange today. I am very excited for The Orange Conference again this year. Can’t wait to hear from the John and Nancy and of course Andy. But one of the things I am most looking forward to is connecting up with you guys my fellow kids pastors and kids workers and meeting those of you I haven’t met yet. Which brings me to my orange thought for today.
I have been thinking about how we could leverage the orange tweet ups this year. That’s right more than one. Kenny and I were thinking that it would a blast to have more than one tweet up because more is always better right. Actually there quite a few people who couldn’t make it.
Here is what I am thinking and I would love to hear from you guys as well.
1. Do one every night of the conference –
2. Change locations each night –
3. Have some sort of a focus to each one. – Maybe have someone Like Jim or Kendra or Chanley facilitate a short dicussion on 1 topic/problem facing Kid’s ministry that we can tackle collaboratively. (They have not agreed to do this yet, btw. I’m just tossing ideas out there)
4. Have time to network and meet other kids workers.
5. Maybe do a night owl tweet up for the hard core crazies.
6. Maybe come dressed up in Space Atire (ok maybe not, that one was just for Kenny Conley)
So those are my thoughts about a tweet up – If you can’t make it to the tweet up no worries we will be up in the bloggers lounge drinking coffee and kicking it with brother Jim.