Orange Essential #1 –
Integrated Strategy – Kenny and Matt really spoke to the definition of what Integrated strategy is. While Jonathan and Kendra spoke of what this Orange essential looks like their churches. I would like to both encourage and challange you by telling what we do well and what we are working on improving in our church.
What We do well at our church – We have a very integrated strategy in our youth and kids ministry that has been working for around 10 years now. We are very intentional about our youth and kids ministry connections.
Going green has been all the rage the past few years. But there has been a colorless revolution that has been stirring in the hearts of Pastors and leaders worldwide. It now has a color and that color is Orange.
When I started in kids ministry 11 years ago I stumbled upon this principle with my best friend who was then the Youth pastor. We have been Orange for 11 years and it is amazing. We didn’t have a cool color for it we called it the “pipeline principle” which we basically describe as the seamless transition of vision, values from birth to college.
What does orange look like in our church practically.
1. I am friends with both people who have been our youth pastors
2. We are building a church not individual ministries
3. The Youth Ministry and Kids Ministry share the 6th and 7th graders so they can transition at pace that is determined by each kid and their parents and not dictated by our programs.
4. I as the kids pastor go to Youth Camp and the Youth Pastor goes to my kids camp.
5. The teens that help in our 5th – 7th grade ministry are the Jr. High small group leaders for our Youth Ministry
These are just a few examples of a philosophy that runs very deep and through which we have seen God do amazing things.
We have seen Orange at work in our church for years it works. If you haven’t made the switch to Orange do it.
If you want to know more about Orange come to the Orange conference and experience it. If you can’t do that then contact me and I will try and point you in the right direction. Whatever you do, Go Orange Now the future of the church depends on it.
Here are a few posts I did a while back about the Orange Principle and how it relates to our church.
What We are working on. – Intentionally connecting with families. We have yet to find the magic family bullet not sure it exists but we are definitely going to be making this a priority in the next few years.
- A.Baby dedications
- B. Baptism
- C. Create specific outreach activities where parents can have an opportunity to lead their own kids Christ.
2. Try to discover what the rhythm of our families are so we can give them practical tools to inspire conversations about their faith and their child’s faith.
3. Be more intentional about finding and promoting resources.
4. Finding ways for parents and kids to serve together
5. Work on creating ways for parents and our small group leaders can collaborate to come up with ways to connect with each other and with their kids.